Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A little bit bothered.

After last nights election, many of my liberal friends have been cited saying, " I'm so proud of my country. I'm proud to be an American." So my question is, You're only proud to be an American if your guy wins? That is devastatingly pathetic. Really, this is a way of saying, I'm proud that my guy won.. Having your guy win and being appreciative and happy to live in the country that you do are two totally different things. The only reason you were able to vote and express your opinion is because you live in America.- You should be proud no matter who wins because you have the ability and RIGHT to freely express and vote. If your man doesn't win, suck it up and be grateful to live in the most free country in the world, and don't just be proud to be an American because things worked in your favor. You should be proud to be an American each and every day because we have the freedoms that so many other countries will never have. Being a true American means graciously accepting other's differences and appreciating what we have, win or lose. And so I might say to those people, I am proud to be an American; but disgraced by your actions. People need to wake up. This isnt American Idol. This is America.

No comments: