Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Dear Santa, you can skip my house this year, I have everything I need....

This year, has been a great year. It was the start of my new life and it's been an exciting journey with its fair share of ups and downs. This year, Christmas will be different for me. It's the first year that I have been "on my own" for Christmas- that is, this is the first year that I will not wake up in my parents home with a bother or sister and hurry out into the living room rifling through our stockings while Dad showers and puts his contacts in. That's what happens when you grow up. This time it will be different, I imagine me and my husband sleeping in, mike halting opening presents because he still has to wrap mine, opening a couple presents, then me going on facebook or something else and michael heading into the other room to read comics or whatever it is he does. Reality has hit and I am no longer a child. Although things are changing and this Christmas won't be the same, there are several things that will make this a very special Christmas.

1. This is my first Christmas with my Husband. we even got an "Our First Christmas" Ornament, although i didn't even put it up until tonight.

2. Two perfect angels came into our lives and came home just in time for Christmas. I would have given all my Christmas presents just to make sure they got to come home and be with my sister. Luckily, they came home right in time and we now have a larger group to celebrate with.

3. My inlaws will be getting their first home in 15 years. They might not move in Christmas day, but it will be soon.

4. Because I am short on money, I have been forced (in a good way) to really focus on the "True Meaning of Christmas" where as before with all the new gadgets and goodies it is sometimes hard to focus on the most important thing- Christ our Savior. This Christmas I have been able to focus more on the fact that Jesus is the reason for the season and count all my blessings.

Christmas can be a sad time because it is the end of a year; a whole year has gone by. I've been married almost a year! But it is also an excititng time for it brings with it new hopes and opportunities. We shall see what the future holds for us Lambsons. Hope it's great!!!!!!

1 comment:

Michael Orton said...

I cried reading this. It is so weird (but in a good way) to look at you and see that my sweet baby sister is all grown up. I want you to be my best "shubbyshum" forever, but I have to let you grow up. You are an amazing woman and I am so proud of you. You have transitioned wonderfully into married life and I can tell that it will be happy for you and bring you many blessings. I love you forever.