Monday, January 5, 2009

One year older and Wiser too.....

You knew I was going to blog today didn't you? Well, I just have to- because a year ago today, was the best day of my life. I married my best friend, the man that makes me the happiest I've ever been- and that is worth writing about!

Well, I woke up today and there was no snow, so that was the first good thing that happened. You see, on our wedding day it was the snowiest day of the year! It was quite disastrous to say the least, but the important thing was that I was sealed to Michael for time and all eternity.

This first year has been quite the adjustment. The first couple months of marriage were a blast but I look back and see how much we have grown right alongside with each other. At first, looking at him gave me butterflies and I was giddy and unsure about life. Now, I have the deepest love for him and I know that love will continue growing each passing year. I look at him and I cannot believe that I get to keep him for ever. I am so much more confident about life and less timid and unsure about being a wife. We work so well together. It was not always like this but now I am able to look past his faults and love him for who he is and what he means to me. I can honestly say that I could not live without him. He is everything to me. He makes my life what it is.

I can't believe this year has gone by so incredibly fast. I am sad that I am not a "Newlywed" anymore, but in that there is some comfort. I have comfort knowing that if we could make it through that first year, we can make through anything. I firmly believe that. I am grateful everyday for the Man that the lord has blessed me with. For his unique perspective, his easy going nature, his warmth, his sense of fun and for everything that I am learning from him. I hope the next year will be even better than the first. I love you Michael Lambson!!!!!

No comments: