Friday, September 12, 2008

Papa


My father is an incredible man. He is the smartest, most rational man I know. My whole life I could go to him for advice or love or whatever I needed. I always felt comfortable with whatever my dad directed me to do, knowing it was in fact the best thing for me. My dad has impacted my life forever. He has taught me things that I will carry with me for the rest of my life. I greatly respect my dad for the man that he is. Here are some things that he has taught me:

1. "It's better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it." This was one of those sayings that Dad always said, and when you're little it gets on your nerves but it is very applicable to life. It taught me to always be prepared, to think about what you need before you go anywhere and to always be on the safe side.

2. Education is one of the MOST important things in life. He always supported us in our school work, checked up on our grades and made sure we had everything we needed to succeed. In fact, my senior year of high school, I was confused and unsure about school in general; where to go for college, what to major in. I will never forget the night that I sat down with him and discussed my fears and uncertainties about the future. He gave me his opinion and helped me decide what to do. I still remember the things he said- most importantly how much faith he had in me.

3. Don't judge people's jobs. He taught me that any work is better than no work. If somebody works at Burger King or is a CEO of a big company, it doesn't matter. At least that person is working and being productive.

4. How to manage money. My dad is a pretty well off man. We always had whatever we needed and everything that we wanted. I was pretty spoiled. Even though my dad is well off, he always taught us to save our money and be prepared for the future. He taught us to be wise with our money

5. Always leave a Campsite Cleaner than you Found it.- I think the Cooper Kids can appreciate this one. This was is motto when leaving guest's houses, hotel rooms and camp sites.

These are just a few of the things from my dad that have impacted my life. He has taken us to England, Scotland and Australia which I will never forget. I have had many memorable moments with my dad. I don't know if he will ever know how much I love him. I hope that I am making him proud~ I always have been and always will be a Daddy's Girl!!!

No comments: