Thursday, September 18, 2008

Stick a Fork in me, I'm DONE!


So this politics thing has gotten out of control. It is all my husband talks about 18/7 (he does get some sleep.) I have listened and listened for hours on end to his babbling about this and that. We have very different political views and it all comes down to this- I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Over hearing about this. Now, part of me really doesn't care about it and part of me is just so sick and tired of hearing about it. I tried to explain it to my husband like this ; "If you ate pizza every day for a year, you would get really sick of pizza. In fact, you may get so sick of it that even the thought of pizza puts a little queaze in your stomach (I think I made that word up)." Well to me, that's how it is with listening to him go on and on and on and on about politics and the evil, corrupted, out to get you and your mom Government. I grew up with certain beliefs and values that I hold very near and dear. I was never overly involved in politics, too me they are worse than a Sci Fi film (which ironically are michael's favorite kind!) My stomach gets nausious every time he brings it up because I am literally sick and tired of hearing it. I am like a burnt bun in the political oven- I'm way over done!!!!!! Nobody is right and nobody is wrong and I am sick of people trying to shove thier opinions down another person's throat. Afterall, there aren't really 'facts' just opinions in politics. It's not a fact that so and so is stupid, it's not a fact that the 9/11 attacks were a governmental conspiracy (which I believe is a disgrace to the memory of those who lost their lives). They are all just opinions. To me, politics is of the devil because it brings the spirit of contention into our home. And yes that is my opinion not a fact. I think I'll go join the party of "I dont give a crap about your nonsense anymore" Sounds ingenius to me!

No comments: